Aloo shimla mirch ki sabzi is very simple, easy and quick recipe. In this recipe potatoes and capsicum are sauted together with the spices like cumin powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder garam masala. It tastes best when it is hot and can be served with naan and rotis.es well with rice and dal Learn how to make potato capsicum curry by following this easy recipe.
Potatoes are easily available. This is perfect when travelling as it stays fresh for longer time. Good during party time by adding different color capsicum as it will be colorful, spicy, crunchy with little taste of sweetness of shimla mirch.
potato shimla mirch sabzi
- 2 medium sie Potatoes (आलू) peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 cup Chopped Capsicum(शिमला मिर्च)
- 2 tsp Oil (तेल)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा)
- 1 tsp Corainder powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (हिंग)
- Salt (नमक)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala(गरम मसाला)
- 1/4 tsp Chaat Masala (चाट मसाला)
- 2 tbsp chopped Cilantro (धनिया)
- Clean, peel and chop potato into cubes.
- Chop capsicum into cubes after removing seeds.
- Take oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- once cumin seeds splutter add cumin powder, corainder powder, red chilli powder, Asafoetida. Gas Low
- Add Chopped potatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Check in betwwen.
- When potatoes are almost done, add chopped capsicum.
- Add Garam masal, salt . Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes. Check in between.
- We dont want to make capsicum. They should be crunchy.
- When capsicum is cooked add chaat masala, cilantro leaves.
- Cover and put off the gas stove.