Sukha black chana is loaded with nutrition and seasoned with spices. This recipe is cooked with mustard oil. Mustard oil gives different flavour but you can also use oil of your choice. I usually make black chana with rice and curry. I also like it with masala chai. Spicy and tangy chana black chickpeas are easy to make.
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea (काला चना)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 tsp Cumin powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च)
- ½ tsp Garam Masala (गरम मसाला)
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil (सरसों का तेल)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा)
- 2-3 Green Chillies (हरी मिर्च)
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped ginger (अदरक)
- 1/2 tsp Mango powder (आमचूर)
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida (हींग)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped (धनिया)
- Soak chana in water for 5-6 hours after rinsing with water.
- Boil it with water and some salt. Pressure cook 3-4 whistles.
- In a bowl add salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and add 2 tbps water and mix well.
- Take a pan add mustard oil or any oil of your choice.
- Add Cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds splutter add asafoetida, green chillies and chopped ginger.
- Saute on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add masala paste and saute for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Add boiled chickpeas(kala chana)
- Mix well. Add mango powder, chopped cilantro and 2-3 tbps wayter.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice, roti.